- Sample superb French cheeses in a lovely location close to the Louvre
- Try Champagne and a selection of wines in the company of an expert sommelier
- Learn how to identify French wine varieties
- Enjoy charcuterie and sausisson from around France
Wine and Cheese Lunch by O Chateau
€75 per person
In a few wordsIf you like wine and cheese, then this is the ticket for you. Your leisurely lunch provides a great opportunity to taste great French products, and to learn more about them. Starting at noon in a beautiful tasting room close to the Louvre, try 5 different wines from 5 different regions of France. From Champagne to Bordeaux, and Sancerre to the Rhone, just sit back and enjoy this tasty Tour de France of wine and cheese.
In detailMost of the presentation will be focused on wine. Yet your sommelier will suggest food pairings and explain why each cheese works with individual wines. As you indulge in 2 of the best delicacies from France, learn how to read a French wine label and how to pair wine with food.
Servings of both wine and cheese are generous, but you will also get to try some charcuterie of smoked ham from the south-west of France and some Corsican saucisson to bring even more joy and color to the table.
The wine bar is located in a hotel particulier previously owned by Mme de Pompadour in the 17th-Century. Voltaire, Rousseau, and George Sand used to come to these famous receptions organized by the lady of the house. In the beautiful old vaulted cellars, the most famous French wines were stored to serve to guests.
What is included?
- English-speaking sommelier
- Beautiful tasting room for your group
- A selection of artisanal cheeses, charcuterie, and bread baskets (same bakery as the President of France)
- 5 good French wines (including 1 Champagne), served in Riedel glassware
- List of the wines you will taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
O Chateau is located in the center of Paris at 68, rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, 75001, Paris. It is 3 minutes from the Louvre Museum. Nearest metro stations are Louvre Rivoli (Line 1), and Etienne Marcel (Line 4).